Determining the Value of Your Property
You obviously want to sell your house for the highest possible price and you may even have a number in mind. How do you determine if that number is reasonable? You may be concerned:
- If you list your house too high, few buyers, if any, will see it.
- If your price is too low, you could end up leaving thousands of dollars on the table.
Don’t worry. I’m an expert at creating a pricing strategy that will pique the interest of qualified buyers – and set the stage to get you the highest sale price possible. I’m also a specialist in the local market. I know what properties like yours sell for, and can price your home to be competitive in the current market.
I begin by getting to know your property and inspecting the home to let you know what features should be highlighted and which ones may need some work. I preview homes for sale in the neighborhood and do market research in the area to determine the price the market will bear for your home. Then I put together a competitive market analysis (cma) to determine the current market value. That value is based, in large part, on what similar houses in the area have sold for recently.
Of course, buyers won’t pay for the sentimental value you place on your house. But special features such as hardwood floors, a newly renovated kitchen or bathroom, or a beautiful backyard patio can have an impact on how quickly a property sells and for what price. I’ll help you understand all the factors that go into setting the list price and ensuring it is just right for the marketplace and your goals.
Keep in mind when pricing your home:
- Realistic pricing will achieve maximum price in a reasonable time.
- The market determines the price. The desired profit or amount needed at close is
- Pricing too high risks losing the first wave of buyers. Most who are present at this
initial stage will not return after a price reposition.
- Price to keep in-line with Days On Market for comps.
- If no offers, it is because of one of these 3 things: condition, the market, price.
- A house positioned properly from the start achieves the highest proceeds.
Curious as to what your house is likely to sell for in today’s market? Please submit the form below or call, text or email me to get the process started.