The Home Shopping Process
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you. I do that in a number of ways…
- I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
- I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property comes on the market, you are alerted right away.
- I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
If you are not finding the perfect property for you or you feel you need to go in a different direction during the home buying process, I help you reevaluate your search parameters so your dream home is not far away.
Before you view a property, I provide you with details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes the property condition, pricing history, and more. Later, if you have more interest in the property, I will provide additional information for you and find out any answers you may have.
I also give you the scoop on the neighborhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. I research the neighborhood/area and give you my feedback on the sales history, market resale in the future and what would be a reasonable offer to make.
As your real estate agent, I’m committed to getting you into the right home and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage or basement, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Tour the neighborhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighborhood?
- Does the neighborhood have what you want? (For example, close proximity to work, shopping, local parks, etc.)
My job is to help make the home shopping process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call, text or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for or submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.